Wednesday 28 December 2011

Glamm..!!


  
I’d like to provide a brief introduction, about this write up of mine. It was something I penned down…when I was in my twelfth, for my college friends. The name of our group was ‘Glamm’. Without a second thought, I can admit… that those were some of the best days of my life. So, here’s an ode…to the people…who made that happen...


    An amateurish write-up. Wonderful memories, that will remain etched to my heart, forever! Heartfelt thanks, for being a part of this journey called 'life'. The write-up is a little sappy though!

Dedicated to my lunatic, fantastical, alluring, and sweet as a pie, lazy bums!

It was the 21st of August, I guess. I don’t remember it precisely. (As there’s hardly any memory left in my hard disk :D).

I was a confused soul on the planet. Yes, I proudly could say, that I belonged to this esteemed institution of G.N. Khalsa.
Mini K.G. and college, there was not much of a difference, Dad had accompanied me on both the occasions. Never-the-less, the only difference was - I had grown up from being in a school to this institution. Had been tasting the sixteenth pie. The transition had been wonderful; it was brimming with only something –‘Priceless memories’.

However, I stepped into the classroom after much confusion and chaos. I pondered for a while. Felt completely out of place. The crowd here was unlike my school. A sense of insipidity, something that lacked lustre, unlike the school, where it was a peppy ambience all around! However, I soon realized that, my other college mates too were baffled souls, at the moment. They had been going through the same trauma as me.

The class was about to begin. No one seemed bloody impressed by me. And so, the bench I sat on was pretty deserted.
The class commenced. And blow-your-trumpet session began. And there began the Sir, bragging about the college.
Then, there appeared this late-comer with red chequered Capris and a grey shirt. Oh! She too had a mark of bewilderment written all over her body. She asked the Sir, for permission. And there, everyone stared at her (as if she was this red-bloody-princess :D) including me of course! Well, I guess, she was quite impressed by my appeal. There, she had her seat beside me. Felt pretty awesome! (Now, tell me, why would one sit beside me, when half of the class was vacant? :P) That definitely had something to do with my pull! Well, I was definitely NOT BAD! :P

And, not within moments, did her craziness come flowing (crazy as she is). Who knew, that this craziness was soon going to become an integral part of us? Now, that was Ankita a.k.a. Gholumolu – who remains the highest scorer among us – till date! An aspiring CA!
A confused soul had met another confused soul and there the confusion came to a standstill!

Was the other day, the 22nd of August.
“Mamma, College sucks. I have this friend by my side though. But, I detest college. I don’t want to go to college today.”
 That was me.

“And when are you going to complete your notes? You already wasted 4 months due to this shit Government. Wasn’t that vacation enough?”
That was Mom’s immediate reply.

 “Mamma please, I don’t want to go to college”

“You dislike Khalsa? Or is it that you find Commerce boring... Why do you say so?”
That was Mom again, in her fiery self.

“Mom please, nothing is boring (as if in a day, I had learnt the whole of Corporate Commerce!), and yes Khalsa is the best!” I don’t have any friends to count upon. I feel so solitary, right there”, pat was my reply.

Mom was already throwing scornful looks at me. Well, considering my ill-debating skills, Mom ultimately won the argument and threw me out of the house, as usual.
But, who knew that, I was going to befriend this delicate gal (delicate-darling as we lovingly call her) the very same day! Well, All Moms on this planet, always have a reason to their statements! Never argue with them!

In the class room-
“Hey, will you please accompany me to the L.C.R.?”
That was this female with a pretty countenance, silky hair, slim figure, who had won the hearts of seeking-a-pretty-girlfriend- guys on the very first day!

I was day-dreaming as usual. And was quite apathetic to the ‘befriend-me’ scene in the class!

“Hello, Will you please accompany me to the L.C.R.?” (Where on earth was this L.C.R.?)
Damn! That was this girl again!

Apparently, I was apathetic even in exploring the said place.

“Sure, I will.”
Was my reply.

And this sublime creature was Deepali!

I was taking a look at her cell, while she did her business in the loo. Damn! This guy’s handsome! Must be her boyfriend! (Pretty gals always get pretty boyfriends!)
That was me, while glancing at her wall paper.
I wondered while she returned.

“Well, the guy on the screen is too good. He resembles a model or someone similar to that profession!”
That was ‘yours truly’. (My curiosity has no end.)

“Well, he is my brother. Thanks yaar! Yup, many of my friends voice the same opinion, that he is hot and handsome”. (Well, I too add myself today too that crazy list of gals ;-))

“Well, do you personally have a boyfriend?” (Considering the fact that you are so beautiful.)
That was this curious-gal-next-door!

“Nope, I don’t have any, received many proposals though”,
That was this liar-Deepali! (I still keep figuring who this ‘U’ is!)

Well, at the end of the day, I had made a handsome list of friends to boast of… Ankita and Deepali.

Though Deepali and me – we shared a thorny relationship at first (coz of her pugnacious nature, I guess!), due to some trivial differences, but thankfully we soon got over them!
Well, days withered. We were a cool-trio. Shared stuff with each other. Unfortunately, this blossoming friendship spared me off reasons, to have a fight, the next time with Mom!
And then came this phase, shifting of divisions commenced. Some students (ill-decision makers :P) started shifting classes, for change of their respective subjects.
Some students dropped in our class too. And two among the droppers, were soon my friends, I will always remain thankful and etched too, for reasons best known to me!
Well, these late-comers started contemplating over stuff. They would copy notes crankily, while we gazed over their fast moving slender fingers.
I stared at this gal, every time she wrote cursive! (Man! She possesses divine handwriting) I remember telling my Dad about this gal’s handwriting. She resembled a non-eater (if that ever makes any sense) to me. She was pathetically feeble and frail, but too tall to give no competition to me. She rarely spoke to me. For that matter, even I rarely spoke to her. (That bubbling ego of a Leo.) :P Soon, I couldn’t keep my eyes off her splendid handwriting. Her cursive and my heart had struck a chord, for the better! (Well, I made up my mind; I need to have a talk with her, at least for the sake of her handwriting!)

Well, on this occasion unlike others I stroked a conversation with her,
“Your handwriting is so beautiful!”

“Thanks”, was her reply, coupled with a wide smile. (Why the hell, don’t you speak much? Open up, Gal! Open up!)

“Well, which school, do you belong to?”
That was yours truly.

“Well, I belong to Little Angels, and u? “

“Well, I belong to I.E.S.’s. Modern, Dadar.”

Well, there it commenced, and the chatter box never seems to stop, even today. Hope it continues to do the same, with years to come!
Well, that was Pooja! The typical maa-di-laadli! She’s definitely one of the best human beings’ I have come across! (Though she’s a little pugnacious at times!) She is a math-wizard. (I mean it...) Being jobless, she keeps dreaming about her Mr.S day in and day out. She has that natural vibe!

Then on, we were a happy bunch. Fabulous four, unlike the trio!
Just a couple of days passed over this friendship.

Unlike, one day, a gal with-more-pounds-than-anyone in our group, and the fairest one to give competition to the fairest-of-the-fair, unknowingly got into our group.
Unlike others, this gal seemed to love her earphones more than anything else on this imminent planet.
Don’t know why, but I had this curiosity bubbling within me, to befriend her. (I haven’t found an answer to that ‘why’, even today.) She definitely had this certain mystic aura. She carries herself with poise! (I don’t want you to brag upon me, you cocky Cancerian!) Frankly speaking, my first impression regarding her was ‘whimsical’ and till date, the only words that are apt for her are ‘Melomaniac’ (that’s what keeps our bond going) and ‘Whimsical’ (that’s what makes our bond take a halt!)
As usual, she was intricate with feelings, that particular day too!

In the classroom,
“Well! What’s your name? I guess I’ve seen you before.”
That was me again.
Sarcastic with replies, as she is “Oh really? Maybe! Neha –that’s my name”.
(Damn! At least have the courtesy to ask a person his/her name, at least when he/she does so! Sarcasm indeed!)
So Neha - that was her name!

After a while, “Well, what’s your name?”
That was Neha.

“Well, my name is Prabhali”. (I wondered, why on earth, she didn’t ask my name, the very moment I asked her!)
I presume she was considering me at close quarters!
Well, my only observation in regard to her, she has buckets and volumes to speak about, on any random crap. She is a very amiable person. She simply never tires of talking. She is an ardent fan of the Twilight series and is an incredible poetess.
And that was it!

And a bunch of five fanatically crazy gals, - was created soon, only to recreate the magic of awesomeness together – within the first ten days of college!

We soon were a laughter stock! A happy bunch! I definitely knew – these five feline creatures would be a part of me – presumably for the next 2 years, and was in a state-of-bliss with the aftermath of this friendship.

Life offered this wonderful package, only for the best! However, this togetherness had taken a toll on our results. Results turned out awful. Bunking had become a daily ritual, a routine of life. Monotony had set in. Never-the-less, life was always amazing.
Had found a music freak in Neha, an avid art lover in Pooja, craziness all dolled up over Ankita and delicateness and tenderness- all scribbled over Deeps!
Wow! Life was wonderful! (Only if ‘yours truly’ hadn’t bunked college more often!)

Soon, we became an envied bunch. Some students even recognized us as the ‘The elite members club’. Life was definitely HAWT and KOOL!

Well, this gal with a sporty image (though, I realized that only a year later) popped in from nowhere. She made rounds to meet gals from my bunch. But, I never had any acquaintances with her. That was none other than Aishwarya!
Sadly enough, I have never had any crazy memories with her, so cannot write much about her!
However, she bought a tinge of ‘sports’ within our group. She soon became an integral part of our bunch! Hopefully, in the years to come, will get a better taste of each other, nevertheless, she is the most wonderful human being. She strives for excellence in her rifle shooting. Aims high! Hope you soar even higher! And bring laurels to the country!

And that was a scintillating six!




We are now an inseparable bunch. Hopefully, will continue to be! Keep dreaming! Keep soaring! Keep the energy intact! Never lose hope! May all your dreams turn into reality! I will always cherish the moments I spent with you all, be it in the Library (where, we never studied, except for gossip) or be it the classes (which we rarely attended) or Pritam or the L.C.R. (where we spent happier times relishing over samosa-chaat, observing Mrs. Hitler, gals and what not!) I’ll miss those long chats on the bus stop with Neha, those CRUSHY talks and those Frankie dates with Pooja, that bitchy-gossiping with Deepu! 2 years will soon end. I’ll miss you all, dearly! And hopefully, we will always stay in touch with each other – always and forever!

With tonnes of love and a drop of tear,
Eternally yours,
Prabhali.
(Khoya Khoya Chand! :P )





3 comments:

  1. omg miss dode days lyk hel dude...miss our grup n d fun we use to do...:-(:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg mising al d days dude yaar..we al as a whole grup use to have so much fun..wenevr i read dis article my hrt gets heavy yaar ..love alot for being my frnds..d journey since fyjc had been wondrful wid u..love u babes..

    ReplyDelete